Powillimount Cottage is a three bedroom, traditional stone built Galloway cottage that has been renovated for 21st century comfort. It is surrounded by cornfields and situated 5 minute walk from a fabulous beach. It is quiet and secluded.
The Cottage has idyllic views of the sea, Southerness Lighthouse and the Lake District Mountains to the front and Criffel, Galloway's finest mountain behind.
Powillimount Cottage is the ideal base for many activities from mountain biking (15 mins from two of the 7 Stanes) to Birdwatching (10 mins from Mersehead), or Golf (Southerness Championship Golf course is 10 mins away).
Features of Powillimount holiday cottage
Powillimount is a comfortable cottage with one (king size) double and one twin bedroom upstairs and a single bedroom with a regular sized double bed and ensuite bathroom downstairs, along with a further shower room and lavatory.
There is a large open plan living area with a woodburning stove and door leading out to the garden where you can enjoy a BBQ watching the sun set behind Criffel. As you would expect it has every mod con and includes bed linen, electricity etc.
The cottage is semi-detached, next door is another holiday cottage - Arthur's Cottage, the two can be taken together as Beachcombers' enabling groups of up to 12 to holiday together. They are both totally independent of each other though and each have all their own facilities, garden etc.
- Free Wi-Fi so that you can stay in touch on holiday,
- A large dog friendly enclosed garden,
- 3 bedrooms with hotel grade beds: 1 (double) downstairs; the other 2 (one super kingsize and one twin) up a fairly steep staircase,
- 1 bathroom (downstairs),
- 1 shower room (downstairs),
- an open plan living room/kitchen/dining area with a log burning stove
- a well equipped kitchen with electric stove, family sized fridge/freezer, dishwasher, washing machine, microwave etc.
- bedlinen and towels
- tv, books & games
- garden furniture & barbecue
- Off road parking
- Powillimount beach is a 300m walk
This magical area has been the inspiration for many artists so come and be inspired or just come to collapse, relax and enjoy!