Little Dunbar Holiday Cottage
Little Dunbar is a traditional estate worker's butt'n'ben cottage on the outside but has been beautifully restored for 21st century living on the inside to provide comfortable holiday accommodation for 4 people.
The cottage sits in a clearing in a belt of mixed woodland, which is carpeted with snowdrops in winter and bluebells and primroses in spring. It is also home to red squirrels and a tuneful ensemble of birdlife.
Little Dunbar Cottage dates back to the mid 700s and was probably being lived in at the time of John Paul Jones, who was born nearby.
Little Dunbar has sea views to the South from the living room and one bedroom and the sea is only 2 fields away. The cottage is very photogenic and was turned into a filmset for one of the films we have had shot on the estate!
Little Dunbar sits halfway down a private estate road - the West Avenue leading from Arbigland House to the lane running down to the sea at Powillimount. There is off road parking for 2 cars.
Features of Little Dunbar holiday cottage
Little Dunbar is a comfortable cottage with two double/twin suites, each with its own bathroom/shower room and lavatory, all on the ground floor. There is a large open plan living area with a woodburning stove (first basket of logs provided) and the original pine floor. As you would expect it has every mod con and the price of let includes heating, electricity and bed linen (incl towels).
- Broadband Wi-Fi so that you can stay in touch on holiday,
- Dog friendly with an enclosed garden
- 2 double bedrooms (1 dbl, 1 twin)
- 1 bathroom ensuite,
- 1 shower room ensuite
- an open plan living room/kitchen/dining area with a log burning stove (initial supply of logs included)
- a well equipped kitchen with electric stove, family sized fridge/freezer, dishwasher, washing machine, microwave etc.
- Good mobile reception.
- bedlinen and towels
- oil fired central heating (7 hours per day included )
- tv/dvd, books, puzzles & games
- outside lockable bike shed with barbecue and garden furniture (BYO padlock if required).
Good walks can be had from the door, especially down onto Powillimount beach just 500 metres away.